21 ways to care
Celebrating the Down Syndrome Association of Central Texas’s 21st Anniversary
2012 is a year of celebration at DSACT. This year marks our 21st Anniversary. Those of us in the Down syndrome community have been bonded by the 21st chromosome, making this anniversary very special. To commemorate this milestone, we are kicking off the DSACT 21 Ways to Care campaign. From March 1st through March 21st (World Down Syndrome Day) our goal is to have 210 individuals contribute to DSACT.
To allow everyone the opportunity to participate in this celebration, we are offering three special levels of giving:
Or, as always, you can donate any amount that feels right below.
How does DSACT Care? Here are 21 ways:
- DSACT supports over 500 families in 13 Central Texas Counties.
- DSACT has provided education materials and workshops to over 60 school districts.
- DSACT has given presentations on delivering compassionate diagnosis to over 200 physicians.
- DSACT actively advocates at the Texas Legislature on disability rights affecting our community.
- DSACT offers opportunities for parents to network with each other.
- DSACT offers opportunities for individuals with Down syndrome to build friendships.
- DSACT has programs to teach children literacy and math skills.
- DSACT holds education workshops for parents on how to advocate for their children in the education system.
- DSACT holds free, open member events such as Buddy Walk, holiday party, and other social gatherings).
- DSACT offers Sign language classes.
- DSACT has partnered with the University of Texas and holds science classes for adults with Down syndrome.
- DSACT karate classes help students increase their strength and balance, all while teaching self-defense.
- DSACT Lose the Training Wheels program helps children gain independence by teaching them to ride a bike.
- DSACT’s video “Down Syndrome in the 21st Century” offers a unique and hopeful view of the abilities of people with Down syndrome.
- Young adults learn to cook through DSACT cooking programs.
- Young adults build friendships and learn the latest dance moves at DSACT Pop dance classes.
- DSACT offers swim classes to children of all ages and abilities.
- DSACT offers Spanish-speaking families ways to connect and share information through the Comite Latino group.
- Teens and adults are able to express their creative side at the DSACT Fine Arts program.
- DSACT is taking a lead role in supporting research for Down syndrome.
- DSACT is building a community that promotes inclusion and acceptance for all individuals.
Because of your ongoing support of DSACT, we are able to continue to support all our Central Texas families. Your gift is deeply appreciated by every family and child we serve.
DSACT is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and all donations are tax-deductible (TAX ID # 74/2577312). Your tax-deductible donation to the Down Syndrome Association of Central Texas will help fund the programs and services described on this website. Financial contributions are vital in creating, promoting, and developing activities and programs. We operate solely on gifts from individuals and corporations, and we appreciate every donation, large and small. Your donation will directly benefit individuals with Down syndrome in Central Texa
You may also mail in your donation to:
Down Syndrome Association of Central Texas
3710 Cedar Street, Box 3
Austin, TX 78705
Click here to download WORD document to mail in.
or Click here to download PDF document to mail in.